High 53° / Low 37°
Generally cloudy. High 53F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
High 48° / Low 38°
Some sun in the morning with increasing clouds during the afternoon. High 48F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
High 47° / Low 35°
Mostly cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 47F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
High 44° / Low 28°
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High 44F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Potholes Reservoir Bass Fishing
Potholes Current Weather
- Annual membership in the Northwest Bass circuit ($50 per angler) is waived if the Potholes event is the only Northwest Bass tournament fished.
- The top 3 placing Ranger owners who are registered in the 2017 Ranger Cup program (no matter the year, make or model) are eligible for Ranger Cup money. Highest placing Ranger boat wins $1,000, 2nd highest $750 and 3rd highest placing $500. Must fish the tournament from your Ranger boat, display the Ranger Cup decal on your boat and wear Ranger Cup clothing at weigh-in. See Ranger website for additional Ranger Cup rules and guidelines.
- $25 per boat will be donated to habitat preservation and restoration on Potholes reservoir.
For Anglers who missed the Banks Lake Qualifier April 8th, here’s your chance to remain eligible for the 2017 Northwest Bass Championship.
- A one time buy-in offer: A retroactive buy-in to Northwest Bass qualifier #1 is offered. Teams must fish or buy-in to the last three events (including the Potholes tournament) and will then be eligible to fish the Northwest Bass Championship event where the grand prize is a 2018 Ranger RT188 or Triton TX18. All buy-in money will be added to the Championship option pots.
- Buy In must be paid prior to Potholes Qualifier
Buy In checks can be mailed to:
2919 E Isaacs Ave
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Checks must be postmarked prior to May 20
The Potholes Reservoir is a popular destination among Northwest bass enthusiasts. Just south of Moses Lake, the reservoir is formed by O’Sullivan Dam, as part of the Columbia Basin Irrigation Project. With over 20,000 acres of surface water, anglers find many opportunities for good sized fish around the ‘dunes’ and over 1000 submerged islands on the north and west portions of the lake. This part of the lake also supports small groupings of willow trees, cattails, and bulrush in the seasonally flooded fringes of the pool.
Anglers may find opportunity to the east and south as well, where rock piles and basalt outcroppings make up most of the area near O’Sullivan Dam.
Potholes Reservoir Lodging
Mar Don Resort
Othello, WA 99344
Tournament headquarters for this year’s second qualifier, just steps away from the boat launch and tournament scales.
- Tournament Headquarters
- Twin & Queen rooms, cottages
- Kitchenettes in some units
- Steps away from the Marina
- Free Parking
O’Sullivan Sportsman Resort
6897 Highway 262 SE
Othello, WA 99344
O’Sullivan Sportsman Resort features a large campground for RV, tent camping and luxury, large family cabins
- 1.2 miles from Mar Don Resort
- Cabins & RV Spaces
- Minutes from the boat launch
1700 Kittleson Rd,
Moses Lake, WA 98837
The relaxed, all-suite hotel is just 20 minutes away from the Potholes tournament site, with all the amenities.
- 15 Miles from MarDon Resort
- Cable TV
- Free Parking